OTC - Vitamins and minerals - Opecalcium
COMPOSITION: Each tablet contains:
– Active ingredient:
Calcium carbonate……………………………1250mg (equivalent to 500mg calcium)
– Other ingredient: Mannitol, povidone K30, sodium lauryl sulfate, croscarmellose sodium, aspartame, peppermint favor (powder), magnesium stearate, talc, green lake.
– Use for those with calcium deficiency, increased demand for calcium, such as growing children, pregnant women and postmenopausal women, and those taking corticosteroid.
ADMINISTRATION AND DOSAGE:
– Adult and children 12 years old and over: Chew 1 – 2 tablets/day.
– Children 1 – 12 years old: Chew – 1 tablet/day.
– Hypersensitivity to any ingredient of this product.
– Known patients as calcium lithiasis; hypercalcaemia; overdose due to vitamin D; kidney stones and severe renal impairment; taking digitalis, epinephrine; severe hypercalciuria; osteoporosis due to motionlessness.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS:
– Pregnant and lactating women are not harmful in dose of normal daily demand.
Common: ADR > 1/100
– Hypotension (dizziness), constipation, flatulence, nausea, vomiting, redness, skin rash, itchy.
Uncommon: 1/100 > ADR > 1/1000
– Sweating, arrhythmia, cardiac dysfunction.
Rare: ADR < 1/1000
– Blood: Thrombosis.
In case of an unexpected reaction, consult your physician.
– Concomitant use of calcium with the following drugs may limit their absorption: Biphosphates, levothyroxine, quinolones, tetracyclines.
OVERDOSE AND TREATMENT:
– Excessive amounts of calcium salts may lead to hypercalcaemia. Symptoms of hypercalcaemia include anorexia, nausea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain, muscle weakness, mental disturbances, polydipsia, polyuria, nephrocalcinosis, renal calculi, and in severe cases, cardiac arrhythmias and coma.
– Mild asymptomatic hypercalcaemia will usually resolve if calcium and other contributory drugs such as vitamin D are stopped.
– If hypercalcaemia is severe, urgent treatment is required: Intravenous rehydration with sodium chloride 0.9%, forced diuretic by furosemide or ethacrynic acid. Monitor levels of potassium and magnesium in the blood, ECG monitoring and use of beta-adrenergic blockers to prevent serious cardiac arrhythmias. Hemodialysis, calcitonin and adrenocorticoid can be used in the treatment. Regularly check calcium concentration in blood in the same time to orient the treatment.
– Bottle of 30 chewable tablets.
STORAGE: Store at temperature from 25°C to 30°C, in a dry place.
SHELF-LIFE: 24 months from manufacturing date. Do not use after expiry date.